It’s Mario’s 35 Anniversary and Nintendo has “plans to re-release most of Super Mario’s 35-year back catalog this year.” That means we are getting a new Paper Mario and Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy should be hitting the switch.
In other video game news:
- Finally, Some Good Coronavirus News
- Ghost Recon Break Point Now Has a Friends Pass
- Artifact is Back!
- Gloomhaven Sequel Raises Millions in First Day on Kickstarter
- E3’s Cancellation Has It’s First Confirmed Publisher Cancellation
- Don’t Forget that Steam Lets You Play Couch Coop Over the Internet!
- Microsoft Dungeons Officially Pushed Back
- Why The Series X Controller Uses Batteries
What We’re PlayingColby: Pikiniku, Animal Crossing, Yakuza 0
Cliff: Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Civ 6
Dylan: Animal Crossing
Vinny: What games do you play that you feel would benefit from seasonal events that don’t do it already? Currently doing the Bunny Event for Animal Crossing and it is phenomenal.
Megan: What game are you looking forward to playing the most this month?
Benjamin Cee: Do any of you plan to Platinum/ fill up Gamer Cards for Final Fantasy VII Remake?
Kim Cruz: Is there a dream guest you guys wish to have on the podcast?
Mansocks: What is your goto food during your #stayathome time?
HUMBLE CONQUER COVID-19 BUNDLE
- Rayman Legends
Game with Gold
- Project CARS 2 ($59.99 ERP): Available April 1 to 30 – Project CARS 2 is the thrill of intense racing action in beautiful cars at stunning venues. Authentic and intuitive handling, truly dynamic weather, and a wealth of game modes delivers racing fun for everyone.
- Knights of Pen and Paper Bundle ($22.49 ERP): Available April 16 to May 15 – Take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session in the ultimate meta roleplaying experience. As both the playing characters AND the game master, you can choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight and your efforts will be equally rewarded!
- Fable Anniversary ($39.99 ERP): Available April 1 to 15 – Fable Anniversary is a spectacular HD remaster of the original Fable with all-new models, textures, lighting, achievements, The Lost Chapters content, and more!
- Toybox Turbos ($9.99 ERP): Available April 16 to 30 – Codemasters reboots the classic table top racing experience in Toybox Turbos! Collect & customize 35 vehicles, take on 18 crazy tracks & send your rivals into a spin with awesome power-ups, including mines, machine guns & giant car-mounted hammers! Master 6 modes in the single-player game, or take on 4 player multiplayer – local, online, or with a mix – perfect for one-more-go gaming sessions!
- Totally Reliable Delivery Service (April 1) (Xbox) – Buckle up your back brace and fire up the delivery truck, it’s time to deliver! Join up to three of your friends and haphazardly get the job done in an interactive sandbox world. Delivery attempted, that’s a Totally Reliable Delivery Service guarantee!
- Nier Automata: Become as Gods (2 April) (PC & Xbox)
- Gears Tactics (28 April) (PC)
Epic Game Store
- Gone Home: June 7th, 1995. 1:15 AM. You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something’s not right. Where is everyone? And what’s happened here? Unravel the mystery for yourself in Gone Home.
- Hob: Hob is a vibrant, suspenseful action-adventure game set on a stunning and brutal world in disarray. As players delve into the mysteries around them, they discover a planet in peril. Can it be mended, or will the world fall further into chaos?
- Earthlock: Earthlock is an adventure RPG inspired by the classic 3D JRPGs of the late 90’s, with a fresh take on turn-based combat and character progression. Embark on a journey to save the beautiful world of Umbra, a harsh planet that stopped spinning thousands of cycles ago.
- Kathy Rain: Set in the 90’s, Kathy Rain tells the story of a strong-willed journalism major who has to come to terms with her own troubled past as she investigates the mysterious death of her recently deceased grandfather. Armed with her motorcycle, a pack of cigs, and a notepad, Kathy begins to delve into a local mystery surrounding her hometown that will take her on a harrowing journey full of emotional and personal turmoil.
- Turok: Turok is back and no dinosaur is safe! When it was first released in 1997, Turok introduced gamers to a world teeming with cunning enemies, traps, puzzles and deadly weapons all within a vast 3D environment ready to explore. Now the classic game has been restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into!
- Etherborn: Delve into a third-person environmental puzzle platformer built on exploring and understanding gravity-shifting structures. You are a voiceless being that has just been born into a world where a bodiless voice awaits your arrival. Go forth and seek your purpose.
- Lightmatter: An Homage to First Person Puzzlers Play Tunnel Vision Games’ love-letter to the genre. Use lateral thinking to solve mind-bending puzzles with lights, shadows, beams, platforms, and lightmatter.
- Borderlands 3 Devs Screw Over Employees
Every week the Byte Me Podcast dips into the games you should be playing! Featuring news and reviews for PC, console and mobile games, along with fun discussions about games from the classics to new releases. Perfect for casual gamers or for casual gamers that want to be a little more hardcore, join Byte Me and find your next favorite game!Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Google Podcasts Listen on Spotify RSS Feed Download Episode